'Boyce Thompson’s The New New Home aims to “demystify” the factors in play when it comes to building a new home in the current market, with special attention paid to environmental and economic factors that many buyers might want to consider when purchasing or building a new home.'
- Lily Oberman, Weekly Book Scan, Realtor® MAG
Buying or building a new home? Make sure it’s the place you’ve always dreamed of. Good news: the housing market is shifting again. And even better news: if you’re a buyer, you have leverage like never before. With a housing recovery on the horizon, buyers – not sellers – will drive the new-home market for years to come. Buyers will have more exciting, albeit sometimes confusing options to choose from. The New, New Home explains how to take advantage of market conditions and stay one step ahead of the trends to get the home you’ve always wanted.
Expert advice, at your fingertips. Author Boyce Thompson, the editorial director of Builder magazine for 17 years, demystifies the challenges and opportunities facing new homebuyers. He lays out the new reality: going green, high-tech, aging in place, space planning, and construction options available in today’s market. Drawing from nearly two decades of experience, he helps you to determine which home features will improve your living experience today…and create value should you sell your home down the road.
Just a few of the trending topics you’ll learn about include:
- What “buyer beware” really means in today’s market
- Multi-generational housing, space planning, modular mania, and future-proofing your home
- Going “green,” high-performance housing, in-town living, universal design, small homes, and much more
Today's unprecedented opportunities and risks. Thanks to recent builder innovations and lower house payments, buyers have the opportunity of a lifetime to purchase or build a new house. Yet given the recent history of depreciation in home values, consumers venturing into the new-home market take a big chance. The New, New Home arms you with the actionable, relevant, up-to-the-minute information to navigate today’s housing market and ultimately make intelligent choices for your future.
About the Author Boyce Thompson is the founding editor of Residential Architect, ProSales, Big Builder, ihousing, and Digital Home magazines and served as editor of Builder magazine for 17 years. He lives in Maryland.
Download your copy of The New, New Home now.
- Additional Information
SKU FHB62077505 Table Of Contents
- 1. A New Beginning
- 2. Lessons from the Fall
- 3. Home Building's Mixed Record on Innovation
- 4. Space Planning Comes of Age
- 5. Green Goes Mainstream
- 6. Performance Takes Center Stage
- 7. The Quest for Net Zero
- 8. Universal Design Makes A Lot of Sense
- 9. Generations Join Under One Roof
- 10. New Homes Get More Affordable
- 11. Buyers Better Beware
- 12. Contemporary Design Leaves Its Mark
- 13. The Rise of In-Town Living
- 14. Modular Mania Takes Hold
- 15. Small Will Remain Beautiful
- 16. What to Ask For in a New Home
- 17. Future-Proofing Your Home
Intro No Video No Author Boyce Thompson ISBN 978-1-62710-937-6 Publication Year 2014 Pages 256 Photo 60 Drawings 2 Video Download No Other Formats 71488 Cover PDF Download Format eBook (PDF)
Write Your Own Review