Dig deep into the mysteries beneath good soil…and turn your dirt into gold! Ask anyone with a bona fide green thumb, what’s the secret to success? And they’ll tell you it all starts with the soil. As with a house, if you don’t have a strong foundation, you’re bound to have problems. Yet achieving optimal soil conditions comes with uncertainty: What’s the composition of my soil? What types of plants will flourish in it? How much water should it retain? How much drainage does it need? How often do I till or turn? Or use organic matter? This special edition, Fine Gardening Soil, unearths all the answers you need to know, and puts you well on course for growing a healthy garden now and for seasons to come.
In this indispensible publication, you’ll discover:
- Most common soil terms and a crash course in accurate soil testing
- How to quickly determine soil texture
- Highs and lows of pH—acidic v. alkaline—and how to balance yours, even in different climates and locations
- Most effective ways for improving your soil, including working with clay, making the most of mulch, defining your composting style, and employing a “less is more” mindset with raking
- And so much more!
Good, balanced soil—it’s essential for growth. Stop sifting through a sea of information on the internet. Get the dirt on everything you need to know about soil, all in one easy download, and all from a name you can trust: Fine Gardening.
Download your copy of Fine Gardening Soil now.
- Additional Information
SKU FGN40065627 Table Of Contents
- About soil
- 8 Defining common soil terms
- 11 How’s your soil texture?
- 14 Highs and lows of pH
- 16 Soil testing 101
- Improving soil
- 22 A problem-solving approach to amendments
- 26 Working with clay
- 30 Making the most of mulch
- 32 What’s your composting style?
- 38 Improve your soil by raking less
Video No Author Editors of Fine Gardening Publication Year 2014 Dimensions No Pages 39 Photo No Drawings No Extra No Other Formats No Format eBook (PDF) Cover PDF Download
Write Your Own Review