DetailsThe devil is in the details. After spending weeks creating a couture, Chanel-inspired suit it would be a shame to skimp on the trim. Chanel collector and couture sewing expert Claire B. Shaeffer returns with Couture Sewing: Making Designer Trims to teach you everything you need to know to create and attach the perfect trim to any outfit.
Professional instruction from a renowned fashion expert. This book with DVD set presents the know-how and design-atelier secrets that Shaeffer has developed after a lifetime of collecting and studying Chanel and other couture garments.
• With more than 280 photos paired with step-by-step instruction, Shaeffer takes the mystery out of creating designer trims.
• A 136-minute sewing workshop allows you to sew along with Shaeffer to achieve professional results.
• The Garment Index offers a sneak-peak into Shaeffer’s amazing couture collection and features unique designs by Davidow, Lagerfeld, Herrera, Jablow, and Chanel herself.
One outfit, many looks. Learn how to easily swap out one trim for another when you want a fresh look without creating a whole new garment. Among other skills, you’ll learn how to:
• Topstitch like a pro to achieve a simple yet elegant trim
• Apply ribbons, prairie points, piping, bands, and braids
• Create intricate seamed, lining, and facing trims
• Make your very own cord-filled piping and crocheted trims
The perfect finish to the perfect suit. Paired with Shaeffer’s previous books Couture Sewing: The Couture Cardigan Jacket (The Taunton Press, 2013) and Couture Sewing: The Couture Skirt (The Taunton Press, 2015), you’ll be able to create the perfect Chanel-inspired suit of your dreams.
Order your copy of this must-have book today!
- Additional Information
SKU THR73071570 Table Of Contents Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Topstitching
Chapter 2: Applied Trims
Chapter 3: Applied Bands
Chapter 4: Piping
Chapter 5: Seamed Trims
Chapter 6: Lining and Facing Trims
What Makes Chanel’s Cardigan Jacket Different?
Copies and Knockoffs
Chronology of Coco Chanel and the House of Chanel
Finishing Trim Ends for Applied Trims
Making Crocheted Trims
Making Cord-Filled Piping
Techniques for Buttonholes
Metric Equivalency Chart
About the Author
Intro No ISBN 978-1-63186-657-9 Video No Author Claire B. Shaeffer Publication Year 2016 Dimensions No Pages 144 Photo 286 Drawings 0 Other Formats No Cover Paberback & DVD Format Book + DVD
Write Your Own Review