Make your own dresses for all kinds of successes. Whether you're on the prowl for a trendy career dress that says you're in charge, a stunning cocktail dress that steals the show, or an occasion dress for prom, weddings, or parties, Party Dresses is all you need to sew something special.
This essential guide gathers the best sewing know-how from two of today's most influential and trusted magazines – Threads and SewStylish. The patterns are easy-to-follow yet net a spectacular final product that looks like something you just purchased at a high-end boutique.
Festive, fun, colorful, trendy, classic – it's all here. From a timeless all-occasion dress to a chic designer-like number that’s red-carpet ready, Party Dresses offers four sections to guide you to perfection. From fabrics to construction, embellishments to accessories, you’ll have everything you need to make impressive creations with the utmost confidence.
Look at all you get in this special issue:
- A brand new Simplicity SewStylish pattern planned by the editors and Simplicity designers to ensure a flattering and trendy dress that’s fun to sew.
- Patterns and instructions for creating the perfect wrap, belt, or evening bag to accessorize your looks.
- Expert tips on shopping for and handling fine fabrics such as velvet, chiffon, satin, tulle, brocade, lace, as well as notions such as beads, ribbons, boning, and cording.
- Insider advice on choosing the best tools for creating strapless dresses that stay put, spaghetti straps that don't wilt, and other intricacies.
- Tricks of the trade for mastering the best fit.
- And so much more!
Look like a million bucks for a fraction of the cost. Learn to make all kinds of party dresses for way less than retail prices as Party Dresses shows you the satiny ropes of fine dressmaking.
DownloadParty Dresses now!
- Additional Information
SKU THR30D34040 Table Of Contents Letters
New & Noteworthy: Cool Tools + Bookshelf
Fabric Facts: Party Dress Materials
Party Fashion Forecast
Sewing Smarts for Fancy Frocks
F3/From Couches to Coats
F4/Secret Strength of Silk Organza
C1/Strapless Dresses that Stay Put
C7/Build a Better Bust
E/4:Coming Up Roses
A1/Elegant, Wide Belts
'In the Back' Departments
On the Web
Sneak Peek: What's coming up from Threads
Video No Author Editors of Threads Magazine Publication Year 2014 Dimensions No Pages 124 Photo No Drawings No Extra No Other Formats 34040 Format eBook (PDF) Cover PDF Download
Write Your Own Review