Lots of homeowner's are intrigued with the many possibilities tile provides for improving the aesthetic beauty of their home.
But anyone who tries to design and install a new tile surface soon realizes this is truly an art and science unto itself -- with its own language, materials, tools, techniques and special skills.
If you're ready to tackle the unique challenges of a home tiling project, you'll really appreciate the breadth and depth of information in Tiling Complete.
Brought to you by two tiling experts -- each with over 20 years as working professionals -- this all-encompassing manual delivers everything you need to handle any tiling job from start to finish.
The authors even point out several types of tiling projects -- with potentially costly repercussions -- that are best left for the professionals.
Loaded with color photographs and detailed instructions in clear, precise language, Tiling Complete makes it a breeze to get the job done right -- even if you're a novice.
Here are a few examples of what you'll find.
- Learn about the wide variety of tile types, from standard ceramic, porcelain and terra-cotta pavers to natural stone, glass, specialty and trim tile
- Discover the natural characteristics of each (hardness, softness, durability) and which work best for specific applications and situations
- Find out about design options that include color, décor and style, tile size, shape and orientation, and combining tile with other materials
- Get expert advice about tools and techniques for everything from preparation, demolition and repair to cutting, drilling, installing, grouting and caulking tile
- Gain a working knowledge of installation materials, membranes, substrates, adhesives, grout sealants, caulks -- and how to choose what's right for your job
- Explore the finer points of tiling floors, countertops, walls and backsplashes -- with step-by-step instructions to make your finished product a thing of beauty
If you'd like to enhance your home with the unique texture and beauty of tile, here's a book that delivers all the expertise you'll need to get amazing results.
- Additional Information
Table Of Contents No Intro No Video No Author Michael Schweit & Robin Nicholas ISBN 978-1-60085-691-4 Publication Year 2008 Pages 240 Photo 850 full-color photographs throughout Drawings No Video Download No Other Formats 70864 Cover PDF eBook
Write Your Own Review