- Product # 061106
- Type DVD
- ISBN 978-1-60085-800-0
- Length 52 minutes
- Published Date 2012
Learn couture tips on sewing from a savvy insider. In Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 4, DVD, the well-known sewing maven Louise Cutting shares closely held trade secrets related to fitting and finishing.
Adjust any pattern for a better fit on top. The step-by-step sewing techniques demonstrated in Volume 4 show you how avoid common problems and learn how to:
- adjust any pattern to get a perfectly fitted bodice
- insert sleeves where there were none
- properly proportion sleeves to look and feel good
- finish cuffs with expertly curved edges
Sew smarter with time-saving shortcuts. Your days of disappointing results are over because this video demonstrates garment sewing alterations that can be made right on the pattern, avoiding lost time reworking seams or adding darts later. Plus, you can finally learn one of the industry’s best-kept secrets: the shoulder fitting technique that ensures a comfortable, no-tug fit every time.
Topic covered in Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 4 include:
- Adjusting bust circumference
- No-dart bust adjustment
- Adjusting for a full bust
- Placing sleeves in a sleeveless garment
- Enlarging sleeve circumference
- Expanding the upper bodice
- Forming a sleeve placket
- Edging curved cuffs
Every video in this series will help you learn how to sew like a pro.
Order your DVD today!
About the author
Louise Cutting is a contributing editor for Threads magazine, the designer for Cutting Line Designs patterns, including the innovative One-Seam Pant©, and co-designer for Shapes Pattern Company. She is an internationally known speaker on sewing and design.