- Product # 031016
- Type DVD
- ISBN 978-1-60085-102-5
- Length 80 Minutes
- Published Date 2008
This instructional sewing video was developed to answer requests from Threads readers for a behind-the-scenes look at how professionals construct fine clothing worthy of designer labels.
Threads editors along with nationally recognized sewing maven Louise Cutting demonstrate the timeless techniques and attention to detail that define well-sewn clothing.
This informative video reveals clever designer tips and little-known industry techniques.
Now you can see how pros overcome the common problems the home sewer encounters, including how to sew:
- A no-stitch, interfaced hem that's fast, neat, and ideal for pants, skirts, and tailored jackets
- Balanced darts that correct two problems: dimples at the tip of a dart and unbalanced vertical "fisheye" darts
- The perfect collar that eliminates bulky seams at the center-front edges and improves roll and shaping at the neck
- Mitered corners with no unsightly puckers and edges that are clean and in position
- Designer facings that remove bulk and improve the way a garment drapes, creating a smooth, clean line
And there's so much more. You'll improve all your skills as you learn the ins-and-outs of French bias binding, clipping curves to produce graded seam allowances, and a mitering method that's key to sewing neat, flat, sharp corners.
This video is your guide to mastering those all-important tailoring touches that will enhance every garment you sew.
Louise Cutting is an accomplished designer, sewing instructor, and creator of Cutting Line Designs Pattern Company.
1 to 1 of 1per page
- WHAT A GREAT COLLECTION Review by SANDRA
I recently purchased the current set of DVDs, Volumes 1 - 5. I say "current" because I hope this series continues. It is an invaluable collection of information on how to improve your skills and make your garments much nicer. I use both the industry techniques and the couture techniques in my sewing and found myself learning new skills with every DVD. I cannot thank Threads and Louise Cutting enough for putting this collection together. I would also like to make a request. I would like to see Threads Industry Insider Techniques DVDs on how to make tailored wool coats and rain coats, and how to work with skins in order to make jackets, pants, skirts, etc.
(Posted on 12/30/12)
1 to 1 of 1per page
Write Your Own Review