Build a cabinet to fit the tools you now own – or hope to own. The Fine Woodworking Video Workshop Hanging Tool Cabinet download demonstrates all the steps involved in designing and building a custom cabinet to keep your hand tools safe and secure.
Design a stylish cabinet worth the effort. With the help of this video, you learn how to plan effectively by evaluating your storage needs, laying out tool placement, and building a detailed mockup to accommodate all your hand tools – even those on your wish list.
Conquer a variety of techniques as you build this project. Once you’re ready to start, master craftsman Michael Pekovich will walk you step-by-step through all the cutting, fitting, and joinery techniques required, including:
- Cutting dovetails on the tablesaw and final fitting with the aid of chisels
- Adding a fixed shelf with through-mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Combining stub tenon joinery with plywood panels for strength
Maximize storage with clever features. You’ll learn innovative ways to make the most of your tool cabinet’s interior space with space-saving features like these:
- a vertical plane till and gallery
- extra shelves and doors inside the cabinet
- a swing-out panel that doubles door storage
- two beautifully fitted-out drawers
A place for everything and everything in its place. Finally, you learn how to build and mount storage devices to securely house chisels and gouges, spokeshaves, rules, squares, and more. At last, safe storage that looks great!
Download your video now.
- Additional Information
Table Of Contents No Intro No Extra No Author Michael Pekovich ISBN 978-1-62113-001-7 Video Video Download No Minutes 68 minutes Publication Year 2012 Other Formats 061116|065142 Cover Video Download
Write Your Own Review