- Product # 027017
- Type Softcover Magazine
- Published Date 2009
Whether you're renovating or building new, this down-to-earth guide to green building practices will be a great resource for you -- with hundreds of smart design ideas, inside tips and creative solutions for every corner of your home and property.
Featuring Fine Homebuilding's best articles on energy efficiency, innovative products and environmentally sound business practices, Green @ Home offers 120 pages of expert advice to help you create a healthful, comfortable home that saves on energy costs and minimizes your impact on the environment.
If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle a home makeover yourself, you'll find lots of great projects -- and all the step-by-step guidance you need to get it right from start to finish.
Or if you're planning to hire professionals -- but want to make sure you're knowledgeable enough to oversee their work, this valuable reference will be a smart investment.
In addition to green building ideas, you'll also find some excellent articles on sustainable landscaping, gardening and food choices -- borrowed from the pages of Fine Gardening and Fine Cooking magazines.
Here's an example of the timely, diversified articles you'll discover.
- How green is your house?
- Is green building too expensive?
- Why every house needs an energy audit
- How to stop wasting watts
- The most energy-efficient appliances
- Inspiring examples of green homes and renovations
- A mid-century kitchen has a sustainable future
- Simple ways to green your bath
- 12 ways to go green from Sarah Susanka's showhouse
- Living lightly on the land with eco-friendly landscaping and gardening
- How to go green for less green