Master craftsman Steve Latta demonstrates building a Federal Style Side Table. This Fine Woodworking Workshop DVD offers the perfect opportunity to try your hand at building an authentic period piece. You’ll hone your skills, gain a deeper understanding of the techniques involved, and produce a beautiful table you’ll be proud to call your own.
An efficient approach to building a classic. The key to success, as Steve demonstrates, begins with selecting the right boards, planning and organizing milling tasks, and cutting accurate joinery. Step by step, he walks you through bedrock construction techniques, including:
- Fitting mortise-and-tenon & dovetail joinery
- Cutting double tapered legs
- Making and installing decorative banding
- Working with highly figured veneer
- Adding drawer runners that will stand the test of time
- Cutting and fitting through- and half-blind dovetails
- Gluing up strategies
- Adorning the drawer front with delicate stringing
- Protecting the veneered drawer with cock beading
- Applying a traditional finish of shellac and wax
A gorgeous period project loaded with fine detailing. This small table serves up great lessons on a variety of period furniture techniques. And you’ll be learning them from Steve Latta an accomplished instructor who enjoys inspiring the next generation of woodworkers.
Order your DVD today.
- Additional Information
Table Of Contents No Intro No Extra No Author Steve Latta ISBN 978-1-62710-785-3 Video No Video Download No Minutes No Publication Year 2014 Other Formats 067139|011505|065165 Cover DVD
Write Your Own Review