- Product # 071409
- Type Paperback
- ISBN 978-0-76791-531-1
- Published Date 2005
- Dimensions 7-1/2 x 7-13/16
- Pages 258
If you own a convection oven, but don’t really know how to use it, this book is for you.
Beatrice A. Ojakangas, an authority on convection cooking and author of more than two dozen previous cookbooks, explains how to use your convection oven to achieve perfect results in dramatically less time than with a conventional oven. You will learn:
- How to cook a whole meal in your oven–from meat to side dishes to dessert–all at the same time
- How to cook multiple batches of cookies, cakes, and pies on three or even four oven shelves
- How to roast and bake in a third less time than in a conventional oven while achieving even better results
- How to calculate the correct temperature and timing for convection cooking if you are using a standard recipe
And here are more than 150 great recipes for snacks and appetizers; pizza and foccacia; soups; roast beef, lamb, pork and poultry; savory pies and tarts; casseroles and pasta; vegetables; yeast breads and quick breads; cakes, cookies, pies, and pastries; and much, much more. Try Melted Onion Tart with Parmigiano-Reggiano, Mexican Vegetable Tortilla Soup, Tandoori Salmon with Cucumber Sauce, Asian Spiced Roast Whole Chicken, and Cocoa Cake with Easy Buttercream Frosting, among so many imaginative and easy dishes.
By circulating hot air around food, convection ovens cook and brown food much more quickly and at a lower temperature than conventional ovens, while retaining food’s natural juiciness and flavor. With this book you will be able to save significant amounts of time and effort while turning out delicious dishes for everyday meals and easy entertaining.
Published by Broadway Books