- Product # 015006
- Published Date 2008
- Pages 120
Here's the most comprehensive, authoritative tool-buying guide you'll ever find.
Selected from recent issues of Fine Homebuilding
and Fine Woodworking
, our new 2009 Tool Guide
features new and upcoming tools, upgrades to old favorites, and all the rest - even great gift ideas.
A perennial best seller with builders, carpenters and woodworkers, the latest issue of our Tool Guide
is chock full of unbiased reviews - and valuable comparisons - to help you make the right purchase every time.
From power tools to hand tools and accessories, we cover it all -- with rigorous testing and expert analysis you can trust.
Over 300 tools have been put through their paces and thoroughly evaluated by 6,000 users - from industry experts to people just like you. Every tool is subjected to the rugged, real-world treatment you demand on a day-to-day basis.
Does it perform precisely as it's supposed to? Is it comfortable to use? Is it durable? How does it stack up against the competition? Does it have any special quirks you need to know about before you buy? And is it a good value for the price?
All the answers are here in one convenient resource. Here's quick overview of what you'll find.
- A brand new survey of cargo racks and tool boxes for pickup trucks
- A feature article on the traveling workshop used by the TV show Trading Spaces
- New reviews of bench top planers, hybrid table saws and sliding compound miter saws
- The inside scoop on "worm-drive" circular saws, cordless impact drivers and belt sanders
- Recent reviews of bench chisels, block planes, marking knives and multi-bit screwdrivers
- 125 pages of in-depth tool recommendations and tips for using them safely and efficiently
- Hundreds of detailed, full-color photos and comparison charts covering all the features you need to know about
Before you buy another tool, take a good look at the real-life reviews in our 2009 Tool Guide
. And you'll be sure to get the best return on your investment.
This special issue is not part of any regular magazine subscription and is a special collection of articles on tools from Fine Woodworking
and Fine Homebuilding magazines.